"You are puking in the bathroom for the 10th solid week in a row while little children who you love dearly are running around the house largely unkempt and unruly. You are laying on the couch trying with all your might to eat a cracker and not smell anything. You are wary of people who smell like showers. Or onions. Or garlic in yesterday’s food. You resent people who talk about tortillas. You are holding your breath as you walk into the kitchen and fill a sippy cup against all odds. Or you might even be as desperate as I have been and tell children who certainly aren’t big enough to go ahead and pour themselves juice."
That was from Rachel Jankovic's latest post on Femina. I read it while sitting here on the bed and as my kids play on the floor with pillow pets, pretend food, and a toy camera. It's a time of day when my biggest support is usually home, but alas he's working late again tonight. I had to laugh at the aforementioned paragraph because it is smack dab in the middle of where I am. I had some puking relief for a couple weeks somewhere around week 15 or 16 I think it was. I can't remember now. But now I'm 20.5 weeks and back on medication. After I took said medication this morning, I THEN THREW UP AN HOUR LATER! Hahahahaha I can even laugh about it. It's the 2nd trimester and I'm supposed to be all aglow. I suppose that's partially true --my hair is growing thicker and my skin has made some improvements. I applaud the work of such hormones. The best part of it all is how early I felt the baby move. Right at the brink of the second trimester, I felt a flutter. Now I feel gymnastics going on in there. Love. I am having fun in a way. These are not dire straits, but it's no walk in the park either, ey? All I know is that a day will come and I will say again that breakfast is exciting, food smells good, and cooking is fun. Those little things have never been more subject to appreciation. Here's to tomorrow!
"But God, in his merciful kindness, has more for us than our flesh would ever volunteer for."
-Rachel Jankovic
Disclaimer: Yes, I do know for sure that many, many other women have it way worse. Some have to be hooked up to a constant drip of zofran and others have endured an entire 40 weeks of this (I'm praying that won't be me).
1 comment:
just catching up on your blog and blessed by so many of your thoughts. wish we could have a face to face chat. maybe next christmas:) thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment