Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Home

I want my home to be a place I welcome people. People are messy. People are not inanimate.
I'm growing. I'm learning. I hope to learn a lot now so that as my kids grow and ask more often for people to come over, I want my ability to say a whole hearted YES to grow. Yes to more friends coming over. Yes to lots of little (or big!) feet running around. Yes to letting them see my house, whether it's in good shape or not. Yes to letting them add something else imperfect to my house. I feel all hospitable when everything is ready. But then I sometimes feel uptight about them undoing it all. Instead I want to be proud of my living space, even when it's NOT all gussied up and tidied up and "ready" to be seen. So when I read today's post on Ann's website, I got excited.

A link worth clicking on!

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2014/09/when-youre-tired-of-being-a-stuff-manager-want-to-enjoy-living/

This is so good. It's from Ann Voskamp's website, but it's a guest post from the Nester.

I love this part:

If I want my home to be a place of connection, I’ll ask genuine questions and get to know the people in my home.


If I want my home to be real, I’ll learn to embrace the imperfect, find the beauty in the undone, the broken, the unkempt, the everydayness and the mess.



No comments: