July 4th Mini Vacay! Since Josh's eyes were starting to glaze over and he worried his soul was shrinking, we decided it was time to get away and PLAY! This water slide was a hit last year so we figured we'd head back over to it. Last year, C wouldn't do it without someone waiting at the end to catch him. This year he did it by himself over and over and over. And over. And sometimes he and Josh went together and Josh tossed him at the end. I did it head first, feet first, or arms up. I have loved water since I was a kid. Some things never change! Baby Girl finally did it by herself on the last day, but most of the time she and I slid down together. Baby E took a two hour nap by the pool one day.
2nd week of July: Swim Lessons. C did swim lessons last year so this year was a refresher and a way to get him to learn more specific strokes. This was the first year of lessons for A. If ever I was in doubt about the different personalities of my children, the swim lessons debunked them all. She did finally warm up a little, but being impervious to the power of bribery made things a little tougher.
Then there was celebratory trip to Jerry's to sum up the swim week. We also saw a Ferrari along the street. What?!
My children got 2 new cousins this month which meant Josh and I got two new nieces. One on July 9 and the other on July 11. We now have a grand total of 11 nieces and nephews. Add that to our 2 sons and 1 daughter and I think it's safe to say our cup runneth over! God is good. The July 11th baby was the NINETEENTH great grandchild for my Nana. So I'm pretty sure she's doing a happy dance this month.
And lastly, if you need a little rest and want to keep the 3 year old entertained, just become the canvas for her creativity. Don't worry, it washes off!





1 comment:
The canvas cracked me up! We just flew back from AL this past week, and I let Fin color his hand completely orange....it occupied some time! For some reason, he likes to color a blank page a solid color. I think when we washed it off on the plane lavatory as much ended up on my hands as down the sink. Oh well! :)
Post a Comment